Don’t you LOVE the feeling of going to the mailbox and finding a package just for you?! I definitely do.
I also love to trade with other artists, like my friend Marie. She made me an origami square in trade for a hair cut.
(photos by me)
After being intrigued and inspired by other artists doing Mail Art…
like Emily of Good Things
(images by Good things)
I have decided to start my own Project.
So, here are the details:
What is Mail Art:
Mail Art is a worldwide cultural movement that began in the early 1960s and involves sending visual art (but also music, sound art, poetry, etc.) through the international postal system. Mail Art is also known as Postal Art or Correspondence Art. The term networking is often used to describe Mail Art activities, based on the principles of barter and equal one-to-one collaboration.
To learn more about the super cool history of Mail Art, click here.
How it works:
– Email me your address to firstname.lastname@example.org .
– I then save your address in my little black book and mail you an original piece of Mail Art. You may even receive other fun FREE stuff in the future!
– I create a one-of-a-kind package and ship it to you.
– You receive it, you love it, you enjoy it and you keep it!
– In return, you send Mail Art back to me. No pressure, purchase or artistic talent needed.
Why am I doing this:
To meet, collaborate, create, inspire and network with people from all over the world like you!
If I receive Mail Art, I will share it with the world (facebook, twitter, blog and/or more)! In return you may do the same with the helpful links and names below and/or by posting a photo of your Mail Art package from Hazel Wonderland, remember to tag me!
Links for sharing:
Want to trade, or participate in my mail art project? Simply email ( email@example.com ) me your address or proposal for trade. I can’t wait to meet you!